Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fawny for Life

I wanted to update with two new fawn fur projects. The first is a little pouch I made, getting back into the hang of using a sewing machine (we got a new one at my school I can use now, it's lovely) ♥


The second is a work in progress. I'm trying to be very careful about adding on the bottom elastic component. I'm using a Gothic & Lolita Bible pattern for the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright's fawn beret. I plan on making a similar bow & pearl chain accessory also.
I'm guessing that the fabric used in the original is of higher quality and thus is heavier and drapes nicely. I'm worried about mine looking like a shower cap. I think I've found a solution with the elastic and satin ribbon so hopefully I'll have it finished soon.

My little sad-looking beret
That's all for now, thanks for reading c:

2 comments:

  1. Please tell us where you acquired your fawn fur! I need some in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fur is so hard to come by T_T I've gotten all of mine from jackets I've bought off Ebay. The pouch was made with fur from a Japanese jacket and the hat was made from a toddler's Bambi jacket.

    If you ever find a place selling it by the yard please let me know! ^o^

    ReplyDelete