Monday, March 21, 2011

Outfit Post + Shopping

Hello everyone! Sorry for the scarce posts :( I have good news though! Spring and warm weather are in the air. Wildflowers are blooming and the Mountain Laurels smell sweeter than ever. I've also been aspiring to cultivate a small container garden. 

I was also just hired for my very first job! I start tomorrow. Here's a hint: it involves slushies, tater-tots and roller skates ;) 


My Dad also finished building me this lovely dresser! I have so much more storage room and my closest is so clean now~



I also did a bit of shopping and picked up a new dress and book on botanical illustration. I would really love to get better at drawing. Here are a few shots of it.





I know I probably deserve a slap on the wrist for not posting many outfit shots, but I really just don't have much suitable clothing. Hopefully the funds from my new job will help that!

 Rundown
Hat: Claire's Japan
Vest: Thrift Town
Dress: Old Navy
Bag: Japanese Recycle Shop (plus my handmade brooch)

Here's a similar coordinate with jeans instead. I couldn't decide which I liked better.

 (Jeans from Old Navy)
 Here's a a close up of the dress details
 And accessories! Betsey Johnson earrings...

... and a Beatrix Potter character necklace from the same Recycle Shop

I love her illustrations! She's a very probably "Who's That Mori-girl?" contender, isn't she?

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That Beatrix pendant is adorable! How lucky you are to have found it! I grew up loving her artwork, she is one of the people who inspired me to be an illustrator. Recently I found fabric with her artwork on it too. It's almost like a resurgence? A small one though.
    I think Jan Brett would also be a contender too! If you have not heard of her, I covered some of her artwork on my blog. She is like Beatrix in terms of artwork and style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Coord and purchases! Love them!

    ReplyDelete