Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Earmuffs Tutorial


I realized I never posted any shots of me wearing my earmuffs, so here they are! And while I'm at it, I had requests to make a tutorial. Unfortunately, I have no photos, but I can give a step by step process. I apologize for the complicated-ness of it (>.<) I hope this helps!

Materials:
  • Headband or recycled earmuff band
  • Fluff or recycled earmuff stuffing + smooth fabric (that touches your ears)
  • Faux fur (deer in this case)
  • Needle & thread
  • Hot Glue 
  • Optional: ribbon or other accessories 
 Process:
  1. Remove component parts if your are recycling old ear muffs
  2. Sew your fur into a "pocket", to where it can be stuffed (but don't close it up)
  3. Stuff your fur pocket with filling and add the fabric you want touching your ear, pin everything together!
  4. Sew everything together, leaving an opening to insert your head band
  5. Once your reach the headband opening, insert the headband
  6. If your headband is plastic, glue it to the furry part
  7. If it is covered with fabric and can be sewn, carefully sew the two pieces together
  8. Make sure all pieces are secure and the fur is securely sewn to avoid loose fluff coming off
  9. If your headband is plastic, try wrapping it with velvet or satin ribbon, sewing or gluing it every few inches/cm
  10. Sew or glue on little satin bows or flowers etc to the sides
My earmuffs were completely sewn, since I was able yo sew the fur to the fabric of the headband. The bow is also sewn (there is just one). 

No comments:

Post a Comment