Sunday, October 17, 2010

Room Tour

My room is one of my favorite places because I put a lot of effort into perfecting my aesthetic vision of interior design. It is never stagnant; constantly changing, just like my tastes. I feed that it is an excellent representation of the mori aesthetic, though I didn't plan this. I simply assemble collections of my favorite things and display them appropriately. My room is not a representation of my life, by rather the aesthetics of my life. I can guarantee next week my room will not like identical to these photos, but for the moment, this is my room. Without further rambling, here are snapshots from my room.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I really enjoy interior design so expect many more tips and inspiration to follow!
Interior Design Tips
  • Bring the nature in! This is defiantly the most important aspect of natural-kei. Collect leaves, acrons, bones, dried flowers, coral, fresh flowers, insect remains (like cicada shells) to display
  • Use natural materials like wicker in place of plastic bins and containers
  • Arrange treasures on stacks of vintage or antique books
  • Vintage zoology and botany prints make excellent wall art
  • Glass mason jars are an attractive way to store small items 
  • Lace doilies in antique or tea-stained colors add a feminine touch to natural materials
  • Frame dried flowers and plants to hand as mori art
  • Antique, well-loved stuffed animals add a whimsical feel to a room
  • Create a mini forest scene with tiny hand-painted ceramic and porcelain critters
  • Add silk flower/leaf garlands around mirrors, bulletin boards and windows 
  • Create a tiny indoor garden by plating small plants (succulents are hardy) in mason jars and place near a window with adequate sunshine. Don't forget to water!





1 comment:

  1. oooh, it looks like u have your little forest right in your room! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete